Our goal as healthcare advocates is to help our clients understand and navigate the complex healthcare systems so the best possible outcomes are achieved. We empower our clients to make healthcare related decisions based on their goals. Each Peace of Mind professional RN will provide education, support and guidance throughout the process of your health related concerns. Our ongoing purpose is to protect the rights of our clients and ensure choices are honored and needs are met.
What is a healthcare advocate?
A healthcare advocate acts as a liaison between the client, doctor, hospital, care facility as well as other ancillary resources.
How can a healthcare advocate help me?
- Coordinate and monitor transitional care from hospital to home.
- Provide knowledge and support to make key health care decisions based on your individual goals.
- Coordinate discharge planning with staff, outside agencies and family members.
- Screen, arrange and monitor in-home health care or other services.
- Assist with placement in assisted living, skilled nursing, palliative or hospice care facilities appropriate for you.
- Accompany you on visits with health care providers and:
- Translate healthcare jargon so you understand your diagnosis, treatment options and instructions.
- Reconcile medications and help you to understand their use.
- Support clear communication between you and your healthcare provider.
- Advocate on your behalf with physicians, specialists, and other healthcare providers.
- Develop a plan of direction for all your health issues.
Where do I turn if I do not have any family to support me?
A Peace of Mind RN advocate will act as a surrogate family member and be at your side throughout your journey.
Does Peace of Mind accept insurance?
Healthcare advocates are paid directly by the client. Therefore Peace of Mind is private pay. Even though Peace of Mind service plans are not covered by insurance, we can help save you time and money in the long run. Because we know the ins and outs of the health care system, we can save you time by directing you to trusted resources. We can also help you avoid unnecessary medical costs and ensure that you are not billed for medical services you haven’t approved. NOTE: Long Term Care policies and Veteran’s benefits many times can be utilized.
For details on how to set up a time to discuss your individual needs, Contact Us.